Episode 19 (May 13-19) "What Lack I Yet?"

Listen to Episode 19 (May 13-19) "What Lack I Yet?" here.

Y'all. I know this is the LONGEST EPISODE EVER. I'm sorry! But I think it's got some REALLY good stuff in it. So maybe it's worth it? Maybe? Anyways, you've got the story of the rich young man, the parable of the vineyard, and you get to hangout with me and my friend Kansas on our GNO as we talk about marriage.


Episode 18 Weekly Summary:
Jesus teaches on marriage
Jesus blesses children
Rich Young Man (All three gospels (Matthew, Mark, and Luke) tell us this man was rich. Matthew tells us he was young (Matthew 19:22), and Luke tells us he was a ruler)
Easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle

Matthew 19:
27- Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28- ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 20:
Parable of the vineyard
Jesus prophesies about upcoming crucifixion and resurrection
Matthew 20:20-

Mother of Zebedee’s children (James and John), 21 Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
In Mark 10, it’s James and John

In Matthew 20: Two blind men, Jesus has mercy on them and they are healed,
In Mark 10 it’s one, Bartimæus.
In Luke it’s a “certain blind man”

Luke 18:
Parable of the unjust judge (prayer)
Parable of the pharisee and publican


Divorce by Dallin H. Oaks (April 2007)



What Lack I Yet? By Elder Larry R. Lawrence (October 2015)




Then Jesus Beholding Him Loved Him By Elder S. Mark Palmer





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S2 E6 (Feb 3-9) “We Lived after the Manner of Happiness”

Portrait of Rebekah

S2 E30 (Aug 3-9) “Stand Fast in the Faith of Christ”