Episode 32 (Aug 12-18) "Overcome Evil With Good"

Listen to Episode 32 (Aug 12-18) "Overcome Evil With Good" here.


Or you can also listen at:Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/433X9B4giGFPvfi6Octo6G?si=qz4wXvoZRkSn2r5l2r60FQ
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/savior-said-weekly-musing-observations-on-new-testament/id1447685351?mt=2
Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/lexie-austin/the-savior-said-weekly-musings-and-observations-on-the-new-testament


This week we talk about the natural man vs the righteousness of God. Like Elder Shayne M. Bowen's article that CFM references in this week's assignment, each of us has two wolves inside of us. The good wolf and the bad wolf. Which one do we feed? I talk about two of my "bad wolves" that I discovered this week and some of the ways this week's scripture assignment helped me overcome them.


The two episodes of the podcast The Sarah & Dr. Brooke show that I mention:
Body Image:
Overwhelm:

The Facebook Photo I talk about:

And here's what I said about it:
"I wasn't going to post this photo because my immediate thought was "I look fat". But that's a ridiculous reason not to post a photo of a dear friend, taken in a fun place, with a message (Be Kind) I feel is important.
I've been thinking a lot about body image and body acceptance this week. I don't like that my first reaction to this image was "Ugh, I look fat"- I'm working to reframe my mindset. I need to Be Kind. Be Kind to myself!
Weight and appearance are only one facet of who I am. When I look closer at this picture, I see feet and legs that easily walked 2 miles this morning. I see knees that have bruises on them because of all the time I spent on the floor this week while decorating my new library- an opportunity I'm so grateful for. I see a body that has fought multiple chronic illnesses and is currently feeling healthy enough that my smile is genuine and NOT an "I'm pretending to feel okay but I'm really sick". I see a tummy that just enjoyed a delicious lunch with a friend. And I see my arm around a friend I'm lucky to know and the opportunity to spend time with her today was a blessing.
So when I weigh all that vs "I look fat", it seems ridiculous to NOT post this photo."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S2 E6 (Feb 3-9) “We Lived after the Manner of Happiness”

Portrait of Rebekah

S2 E30 (Aug 3-9) “Stand Fast in the Faith of Christ”